What is Qualtrics?
Qualtrics Survey Tool is web-based survey software, with a variety of options for question types, survey collection, analysis, and reporting.
How do I access Qualtrics?
The Qualtrics Survey Tool is available for use by Harvard faculty, students and staff, as well as employees of HMS-Affiliated institutions who are involved in teaching activities at HMS.
Please note that we are unable to provide departmental accounts in Qualtrics.
For HMS Faculty and Staff:
- Go to Applications from MyCourses (Tools > Applications) or from eCommons ("Applications" link in upper left corner).
- Click Qualtrics Survey Tool.
- Follow the prompts to set up your Qualtrics account if it is your first time using Qualtrics.
For Temporary Employees and Employees of HMS-Affiliated Institutions:
- If you are an employee of an affiliated medical institution, and you do not have an HMS (eCommons) account, register for an account.
- Fill out the Qualtrics Account Application for HMS Affiliates to get a Qualtrics account. You will be notified when the account has been created.
- Go to http://hms.qualtrics.com to log in with the username and password that were sent to you. Your username will be your email address.
- You will be prompted to confirm your account details. Uncheck the "I am a student" box and click OK.
- We recommend changing your password right away. Click your name in the upper right corner of the page, then click Account Settings to change your password.
For all Harvard faculty, staff and students outside of HMS/HSDM, with the exception of Harvard Business School, please go to surveytools.harvard.edu to access Qualtrics and other survey tools.
I am new to Qualtrics. How do I learn more about it?
Please review the Qualtrics Policies and Terms of Agreement before using Qualtrics.
Online Training and Support Links
- Qualtrics University - Contains online tutorials and how-tos for Qualtrics's many features.
How can I get help with Qualtrics?
- Qualtrics support contacts - Please contact Qualtrics directly; Qualtrics support can refer questions or issues back to Educational Technology if needed.
Harvard Research and Survey Support Resources
- Harvard University Program on Survey Research
- Institute for Quantitative Social Science
- HMS Academy Office of Education Research
Help Resources in This Category: